Monday, February 2, 2015

Exploring

When I was a young boy growing up in Eastanollee, Georgia, I was most likely to be found in the woods. Anywhere in the woods. If there was any sort of water to be found, there was a good chance I was either right next to it or right in it. Exploring. As a grown man the same scenario still applies. During most free moments in my life I can be found in the woods. Exploring. A few days ago was my maternal grandmother's birthday. Thoughts of her raising me on that small farm crosses my mind just about every time I'm in the woods, by a river, even on a mountain. I'm truly grateful that she instilled* in me such values. Values which help me to appreciate what I have and where I come from. And to never stop exploring.



*Instilled is code for she sometimes had to beat it into me. I was pretty stubborn child at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment